This and that: Lemon Butter Cookies

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Lemon Butter Cookies

A buttery cookie with a slight lemony flavour that is perfect to have with a cup of tea or use in a dessert.


A buttery cookie with a slight lemony flavour that is perfect to have with a cup of tea or use in a dessert.







Lemon Butter Cookies #fillthecookiejar

This past month I received my Try the World Box , which featured France food.  In the box was Palets Bretons that were awesome cookies.. I hate to tell you that I ate the whole package in two sittings (although there were only 8 cookies) because I couldn't put them down once I started.  As I was chowing down on them I knew that this was the cookie I wanted to make for this month's Fill the Cookie Jar.  I went on a search and  found a recipe from Mad about Macarons and decided to use some lemons peel and lemon juice.  Even though I used salted butter, I really wish that I used a small amount of Fleur de Sel  that came in my box in my cookies as the ones that I got tasted salty and buttery and so good... The cookies that I made just needed more salt.  A tip to make these cookies great is good butter and a good salt.  Guess I have to make these again..don't I.

A buttery cookie with a slight lemony flavour that is perfect to have with a cup of tea or use in a dessert.

Ingredients:
6 oz unsalted butter softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp good quality salt (I would add as small amount of salt maybe 1/4 tsp even if using salted butter)
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon peel
4 egg yolks
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup all purpose flour

Directions:
Add butter, salt, and sugar into mixing bowl and mix until light and creamy.
Add lemon juice and lemon peel, mix into butter mixture.
Mix in egg yolks
Add flour and baking powder, mix until you get a soft dough.
Form dough into an inch round log and wrap in plastic wrap, chill for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
Cut dough into 1/2 inch disks and place into mini muffin tins.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
Cool in tins and then turn out to baking rack.

A perfect cookie to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee. It would also be perfect to use as part of a dessert.  A slightly salty buttery cookie with lemon.


A buttery cookie with a slight lemony flavour that is perfect to have with a cup of tea or use in a dessert.


I hope you will also check out all the other great cookie recipes.

5 comments :

  1. I'm a big lemon fan these sound so good! If you feel too tempted to eat them all yourself next time, I'll send you my address!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do sound delicious Marlys. I went to France for my cookie this month as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muffin tins for cookies---what a great way to bake! These look tasty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemon is the perfect ingredient to celebrate spring with these cookies. They might be too easy to pop in my mouth and eat an entire plate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been craving lemon sweets lately, so I know I would love these!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.