This and that: Smoked Salmon Tomato Sauce

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Smoked Salmon Tomato Sauce


Hot and spicy sauce that can be used with fried yams, rice, and anything else you can think of.

Hot and spicy sauce made with tomatoes and salmon.  A perfect sauce to use with fried yams or rice.







Smoked Salmon Tomato Sauce

I belong to a Facebook group called the The Ultimate Recipe Challenge.  This month our challenge is tomatoes.  This is an easy challenge for me as tomatoes are a basic ingredient in most of my meals. This recipe can be used for Fried Yams, Banana Onion Beignets, rice and beans or rice.  If you like hot, just add more hot peppers.

This recipe was shared by my husband and one that he brought from his home country of Togo, West Africa.  We have this sauce in our fridge at all times as it is so versatile.

Hot and spicy sauce that can be used with fried yams, rice, and anything else you can think of.


Ingredients:
1/3 cup oil
1 -2 tbsp tomato paste
2 roma tomatoes (crushed)
1 tsp anise
1 tsp ginger
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp hot pepper
1 maggi cube (I usually use chicken)
2 tsp maggi liquid seasoning *
1/8 cup sliced onions
1-2 sliced mini peppers
1/4 lb smoked salmon
salt to taste

Directions:
In sauce pan, heat oil.
Add tomato paste and cook until paste and oil is mixed.
Crush anise, ginger, garlic, hot pepper and a few onion slices together and add to sauce pan and mix well.
Add crushed tomato and stir together.
Add maggi cube and magi liquid seasoning, mix together.
Break smoked salmon into bite size pieces and stir into mixture.
Stir in mini pepper and sliced onions.
Add salt to taste.
Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.

Hot and spicy sauce that can be used with fried yams, rice, and anything else you can think of.









Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment :

  1. I would never have thought of using ginger in a tomato sauce. It sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.