This and that: Holiday Tablescape

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Holiday Tablescape

Are you entertaining this holiday season?  Do you like to set a nice table?  I do and this year I found some plate from Home and Garden at Walmart that I will be using to do my Holiday Tablescape.

Holiday Tablescape


I only bought the small plates and they came if four different designs.  I decided that I would like to have all the different designs.  The also had tea towels and napkins.

I started out my table by using the tea towel for the middle of my table.   I was going to use a tablecloth but I thought the tea towel would bring the table together.


For each place setting I used a tan coloured place-mat that I bought at the Dollar Tree.  I had some Christmas plates that I have had for many years.. These plates were an off white colour.  I add the Home and Garden plates.   I made a tree design with the napkins.  My plans were to put them on the plate but doing that covered the design so I decided to place them in the corner.  I had some star shaped candles from party light that I placed one at each place setting.  Added a snowflake cup, cutlery and a glass.   Simple but I think elegant.


Tree design napkin and star candle.

As snowflakes seemed to be my design this year,  I added one to the centerpiece which was a gold plate from Partylite and 4 candles tied with a gold ribbon.  I then laid the snowflake against the candles.



I tied everything together by placing some greens around my light fixture and tied some snowflakes from the fixture at different lengths.  I also had a string of bead that have gold and purple in them, these bead I strung over the greenery.  



This table could be used all winter long.  It isn't just for Christmas.  With snowflakes, trees and candles it would work for an elegant gathering or a simple one.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments :

  1. Hi Marlys, your table setting and decoration are beautiful. Love the plates, very elegant and classic.

    Merry Christmas to you and family. Happy holiday.
    Regards,
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table! The decorations are lovely! One can see that everything was done with love. Wishing you a great new year in 2016!!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.